Monday 4 January 2016

Minako Naomi Prototype Review



Minako Naomi Prototype
44% Egyptian cotton/32% Merino wool/24% Mulberry silk / 292 GSM
1 year and 24 pounds


Unwrapping this beauty I caught my breath. Minako Naomi features a take on the pattern of a peacock feather and it's a worthy interpretation focusing on the downy barbs and "heart". The almost highlighter pink has a beautiful hint of coral and is more vibrant in person, and the soft dove gray compliments it perfectly. I was immediately impressed with how soft this wrap is, the blend here is all luxury and you can feel it.


The stretch is significant and if you are a lover of stretch as I am you will be delighted. In hand it is floppy with a beautiful drape, perfect to cocoon your babe or toddler in. It is rather thick feeling which may feel a bit overwhelming for wrapping brand new babies in, but the softness is so perfect for a new baby, I would not dissuade wrapping a newborn with this prototype. I also didn't anticipate this wrap to be pull prone as the weave is denser and no large floats in the pattern.




Elegant and edgy, for me this is a wrap that comprises both. I envision many wrappers with different styles loving the look of Minako Naomi. I myself don't have a "girly" stash and this Minako Naomi prototype drew me in right away with the colors instantly appealing to me though they are not colors I have sought out to have in a wrap. This is a "feel beautiful" wrap if ever there was one.


I wore Minako Naomi everyday I had it, pretty much eschewing all other wraps for this one. It wraps with ease and comfort. The passes glide with very little effort and tightening was equally easy. If you are a brand new wrapper you may find that tightening will require more effort than with a thinner wrap, but for an experienced wrapper there should be no issue at all. That said I also found the wrap very comfortable and supportive in sloppy carries which is huge for me with a wriggling 1 year old. The stretch aids in tightening and has good recovery while wearing, nice bounce with no sagging. The grip is minimal, but it's there and just right so you have no problem maintaining tension as you tighten. My favorite carries were FWCC and double hammock with CCCB, my CCCB was just right, bigger and supportive, but not bulky. The silk really gives this wrap strength and the merino wool adds a wonderful cushy feeling, on my shoulders this felt perfect even after long carries.




There is really nothing negative here to say. This is the wrap I didn't know I need to have. Out of all the testers that have been thru here, this one is so far my hands down favorite. It's amazing. Personally I love it in my base or maybe a 4, but it will work beautifully in all sizes and from newborn to toddler. There will be some extra care issues because of the silk and wool, but well worth any extra effort to launder.




Thank you Minako for the opportunity to test! I'm excited to hopefully try more, especially vegan friendly blends.


Find Minako's Facebook page here and chatter group here.

No comments:

Post a Comment