Wednesday 6 January 2016

PinkNova Polaris Mr Grey Review



PinkNova Polaris Mr Grey
53% bio cotton/37% superfine wool/10% cashmere / 288 GSM
1 year and 24 pounds


Mr Grey arrived in a lovely dustbag with a piece of Polaris Zen adorning the bag and a nicely printed brochure. As a tester I don't always get to see those extras, I appreciated them. The colors are soft and light, but the wrap is substantial and has a good weight and density to it. I anticipated Polaris Mr Grey to be both cushy and plush, but strong. The gray is particularly beautiful and cool toned, true to the photos I had seen, but in some lights it looks very blue, which I also love.


The wool in Mr Grey doesn't feel like what I've been conditioned to think wool feels like, there is no itchiness here, but it is definitely still wool feeling, a more luxe wool. I can best describe this blend as feeling velvety, which works quite nicely with the texture of the Polaris pattern. There is Medium-low stretch with great recovery.


The design appealed to me right away, the geometric pattern feels clean and modern, and the more I wore it the more I loved it, especially in carries that show both the "right" and "wrong" sides. For me this design and look that would work especially well in a stash where both mom and dad are wrappers, if I could convince my husband to wrap I know some of my more flowery or whimsical wraps would not appeal to him, but he commented on this wrap many times admiringly.


Mr Grey is rock solid in ruck tied Tibetan with a knotless finish as pictured. I put it thru the paces with FWCC, double hammock, various finishes, but I loved this in a ruck and that says a lot to me, that even for longer carries Mr Grey was amazing in a single pass carry. My first impressions had been that this might not be a newborn to toddler wrap, but after wrapping with it extensively it is, there is a softness here for newborns and though it is a substantial wrap I didn't find it to be terribly bulky or unwieldy. For multi pass carries even though the wrap has a velvety feel, it is also still smooth and passes glide easily and the wrap moulds very nicely. The wrapping qualities for me are amazing, there is the perfect balance of glide and grip to hold things in place. Absolutely no sagging or slipping with Mr Grey, but a wonderful bounce that I didn't expect, this is a wrap that moves with you and your baby or toddler. On my shoulders even in ruck there was a great amount of cush, just a feeling of a comfortable wrap hug, but such strength you can wear for hours and not feel anything aching afterwards.


I continue to be impressed with PinkNova. Mr Grey kind of blew me away. The more I wore this beautiful wrap the more I loved it. I knew it would be a tester favorite since gray is my favorite color, my wrappee's middle name is in fact Gray! This shade of gray is really just gorgeous, soft and cool, but would look great with most any other colors in your wardrobe, and the pattern as well, though bold really goes with a lot. If you are a wool lover this one is for you, superfine wool and cashmere are a higher quality wool than I am used to, so soft and velvety. Bounce and cush are high here in thanks to the wool content. I tested this wrap in Winter which is the perfect time to cozy up to wool, but it's very breathable and could work well in Summer too. There are some extra care issues to be aware of with wool, but Mr Grey is well worth the extra effort. This wrap will perform beautifully in all sizes and while I was partial to testing in my base, Mr Grey will make a fabulous shorty, even for toddlers! The price point is medium high, but the quality of the wrap is high end in my opinion, there is fabulous value for the money here. I recommend Polaris Mr Grey to anyone looking for a luxe wrap with amazing and well balanced wrapping qualities for anywhere from newborn to toddler.




Thank you so much Judith and Ilse at PinkNova for the opportunity to test Polaris Mr Grey!


For more information on PinkNova please visit their website http://pinknova.com/ and also check out there Facebook page here. As well there is a chatter group on Facebook with lots of spam and reviews here.

No comments:

Post a Comment