Tuesday 29 December 2015

PinkNova Cloudless Birds of Paradise Review



PinkNova Cloudless Birds of Paradise
75% Egyptian cotton/25% Mulberry silk / 240 GSM
1 year and 22 pounds

The first thing I thought looking at Cloudless Birds of Paradise was this is a unique pattern and placement for a woven wrap, you catch glimpses of the pattern, but large spaces with no pattern, just the cool, calm colors. The cream silk side has a fine and not too slippery feel and is a nice contrast to the light cool blue cotton side. Both sides have a smooth flat feel with a low amount of texture.




This wrap will appeal to someone wanting a soft and spare looking wrap that has a subtle elegance. There is an understated luxurious feel and look. Wearing this wrap I felt very calm and serene and and wanted to keep the rest of my attire rather simple to complete my look.

Wrapping with it, there is a lot more slip than I had anticipated just feeling it in hand. Considering this I think a more experienced wrapper would enjoy this wrap over a newbie wrapper. Tightening and maintaining tension is more challenging, particularly for multi pass carries.


 

I really enjoyed Cloudless Birds of Paradise in my base and in a double hammock and FWCC, but it also has the chops to pull off a simple ruck, it is dense and sturdy, though it is on the thinner side. This is definitely a toddler worthy wrap and I would recommend it in either a shorty or base for more experienced wrappers. It is also lovely and velvety soft once broken in for newborns.




PinkNova has an aesthetic that I find very appealing and I think their thoughtful designs are current and modern feeling without being trendy. I've had the pleasure of testing a few PinkNova wraps and love that they offer thoughtful design combined with wrapping qualities that are superb.

Thank you Judith and Ilse at PinkNova for the opportunity to test this beauty!

For more information on PinkNova please visit their website: http://pinknova.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment