Tuesday 16 February 2016

Vesper Galaxia Glow Review



Vesper Galaxia Glow
100% cotton / 260 GSM
1 year and 24 pounds

Of course the first thing I noticed about Galaxia Glow was the amazing hot pink color. The pattern is very geometric and adds an embossed feel though the wrap is still slightly flat feeling giving it a low to medium texture.

In hand I noted the dry feel, not terribly dry, but drier than what I usually wrap with. The combed cotton adds a softness, both "right" and "wrong" sides were very similar in feel. There is also almost no stretch. As I am stretch lover I know that this will likely make the wrap more of a challenge for me since I do rely on stretch when wrapping and tightening. The texture is certainly there, but in a subtle low texture way as the wrap is woven smooth and flat besides the pattern. This also makes me think Galaxia Glow will not be pull prone, the density is solidly medium and the wrap flat besides the texture of the pattern.

Galaxia Glows looks will appeal to you if you like your wraps to be attention getting because the hot pink is kind of "bam"! The geometric pattern gives a modern feel combined with sth a lil rock n roll. The wrap is girly because it's pink, but I really don't see it fitting in well if you have a very romantic or floral patterned wardrobe.


This tester wrapped like a 4, but Vesper has addressed shrinkage issues with this run of wraps, which have now been sorted out with their mill for future releases. Vesper is a newer wrap company and I appreciate their transparency on this. I used this wrap for FWCC tied under bum, kangaroo, and shepherd's. Again because this wrap is dry and has almost no stretch it was a different wrapping experience for me. Combined with the grip from the texture and the extremely low stretch it was more difficult for me to tighten this wrap and it did not mould easily to my baby and me, but my wrap jobs were rock solid. Once you get passes into place, they stay there, no give and no sagging.


This is the wrap for you if you don't enjoy stretch and you want a drier texture with some grip, so you will want to pass if you are a stretch lover like me. For those that will enjoy the solid wrapping qualities of Vesper Galaxia Glow I think it will shine in a shorty, a 3 or 4 for a older baby 15 pounds and up, rather than a newborn. Not that you can't use this wrap with a newborn, but the mouldability I like for wee babies isn't here.



Thank you to Ilse at Vesper Wraps for the opportunity to test this bright and bold beauty.

For more info on Vesper Wraps visit their Facebook page here and their chatter group here.

No comments:

Post a Comment