Monday 13 June 2016

Kokoskaa Delano Manhatten Review



Kokoskaa Delano Manhatten
55% cotton / 45% Tencel / 280 GSM post-wash
1 year and 26 pounds

*Note tested and photographed in early April 2016.

When Delano first arrived I was immediately taken with the high contrast graphic design and how soft in hand the wrap felt. The cool toned grays mixed with the bold white were true to the photos I had seen of the wrap and even more depth to the pattern in person.


I could definitely tell Delano is a Tencel blend from the softness and the feel of slip in hand. I didn't anticipate a lot of grip, though I could feel texture in the pattern. Slightly more textured feel on the "right" side versus the "wrong" side. Pulling the wrap diagonally there is a good amount of stretch, medium to high.




The Art Deco inspired design is bold and detailed and will appeal to those who like sharp and complex geometric shapes and designs. This wrap is also for the monochrome lovers. If you have more vintage or ornate style leanings Delano will fit right in, but it can also be the standout if your fashion choices are more minimalist.


I will admit Tencel had so far never won me over in wrap form, but this blend really impressed me. With Tencel in particular I am worried about a wrap being too slippery and saggy, not the case here with Delano. This is an amazing double hammock wrap, slippy from the Tencel, but there is a nice bit of low grip from the texture, so you have excellent glide, but your wrap job stays rock solid with no adjustments needed. Chest passes are so easy to get super snug and it's very cushy on the shoulders. Snuggly soft and floppy, there is a bit of a fuzzy feeling and I would suspect it might be a bit pull prone because of the Tencel content, but I didn't experience any pulls or issues with using the wrap over a 2 week period.


The highest praise from me is saying I could see adding a wrap to my stash and I can definitely see Delano fitting into my stash. That is also saying a lot because I am not a Tencel lover, but this is a really special Tencel blend. I am a double hammock lover and Delano shines in a double hammock. My size recommendation would be base size for double hammocks, because Delano rocks a DH. If you love snuggly soft and floppy wraps that are very mouldable this one is for you. If you are looking for a lot of grip and a thicker solid wrap, you will want to pass. I would recommend this wrap from newborn to younger toddlers. The wrap handled my 26 pound wrappee and was very comfortable with a lot of cush. Delano is unreleased and I will be watching for release information on this one.



Thank you to Monika at Kokoskaa for allowing me to test this wonderful wrap.

Check out Kokoskaa's chatter group on Facebook here.


No comments:

Post a Comment