Tuesday 5 September 2017

Tinge Garden Review



Tinge Gardens Tester
Cotton/Cashmere/Wool
2 years and 33 pounds

This Tinge Garden tester, my first experience with the brand, arrived neatly folded in a cotton tote bag with tag and charm attached. I was pleased by how soft it was as I pulled it out. The muted maroon red color is right up my alley, a soft and subdued hue, but still rich and warm.


Exceptionally thin in hand, not what I was expecting for a blend with cashmere/wool, but I should know by now not to always expect wool to be bulky. Running my hands over the wrap, there is a mostly flat feel, with a micro texture that adds to the softness. Smooth, but not totally soapy, there is no hint of wool itchiness. The diagonal stretch is medium high, good recoil.




Back to the muted maroon color of the wrap, the cream of the pattern shows thru and dilutes the intensity of the color, giving this wrap a bit of a vintage vibe. Definitely a color for Fall and Winter seasons and those that prefer warm harvest hues.




There is a lovely bounce and recoil from the wool content that is evident while wrapping and wearing. Wearing my toddler I found this wrap to be very cushy and comfortable, tho it is a flatter, not so fluffy wool blend. While wearing I also found this Tinge Garden tester to be rather airy and mouldable. I mostly wore using double hammock carry with a candy cane chest belt as this tester is base - 2 for me, but it also performed well in a simple ruck. I am not a typical wearer and do need quite a bit of support to wear my toddler for any periods of time and using this wrap I was able to wear comfortably on a few longer walks.


Overall this tester performed well with no complaints from me. If you are looking for a thinner wrap with well balanced wrapping qualities and are okay with animal fibers and handwashing, this one is for you. If you love grippy, thick, or very textured wraps, you will want to pass. If you desire easy care, or have a wool allergy, again you will want to pass. Besides this wrap requiring a bit more care with washing, I would absolutely recommend it to newbie wrappers, just be sure to brush up on how to handwash wool wraps. This tester was easy to wrap with, no fighting against bulk or grip to get passes into place and a nice balance with micro texture adding just a touch of hold to keep things in place. Because of how soft the wrap is, combined with being thinner and breathable I would definitely recommend for newborns and for me it worked well for my toddler, though my toddler is not a leg straightener at this point.



Thank you to Tinge Garden for sending this tester out to me to test!

Please find them on Facebook here, with their chatter group here.








No comments:

Post a Comment